Where do I start?
You ridicule me for my flaws without evaluating the cause
As to why I strike everything that stands to devour me once and for all.
A battle within me got me continuously beating myself with this bat.
I’m breaking apart at the seams and only I can truly see that,
Where do I start?
The light at the end of the tunnel gets closer, warmer, and brighter,
I try to take a step back, but the space around my feet only gets tighter.
I am now face to face with this black,
The judgment in the front and the damnation in the back,
I’m placed between two worlds; and told I don’t belong.
And the muthafucka that just ostracized me,
Whispers to me he likes the scent of my cologne.
Where do I start?
I’m that black that is needed to make the purest of whites,
But only credited for the multiplied by hundreds televised on the media websites.
Where do I start?
I lay wide awake arms across my chest, in a trance my mind is wondering,
If the number of times I became vulnerable added to this heart crumbling.
I stare at the mini-blinds casting different lines across my bedroom walls
Then the blinding headlights cause my eyes to close and streams of tears to fall.
Where do I start?
Tossing and turning then waking up in a sweat.
From seeing my life flash in front of me, nothing but years of regret.
The reality of it all is that I keep on going
Because what I’m enduring is part of the high calling.
You see I’m simply human so of course I hurt inside,
But the strength that lies within all of this, is you will never see me cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment