Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Menage a trois

Inspired by "Hear My Call" By Jill Scott

A smile greets my warm caramel macchiato,
surrendering, struggling to look, boooyyyyy Maya Angelou look.
A strong gust of wind interrupted my glee, slamming the glass of the front door
Impact from the wind, rattles the windows seeping into the floor boards.

This, place, can, be, quite, annoying, but I, love the ambiance and décor.
A hoe, holds- Characterrrrrr, named, Maaaaan, I love this bookstore, 
something's vibrating, oh it's my phone, 
a text, a tweet, Bill collector? see, leave a message, after the tone.

now, where was I, A hoe named Bill
I'm struggling with this piece. 
let me read up, oh yeah
mmm! Let me seee...

hmmm hmmm hmmm, hmmm hmmm Ahh! the front door swings open forcefully. 
Papers go flying, man am I jumpy, I didn't even know that my cellphone dropped
Onto the floor, right out of my pocket, my eyes fixate then focus on the target.
Tryna put it in words, what stood in the door way, my facial expression a hell of a story.

"Excuse me?" a voice shouts me out, what do I do?please don't cuss me out.
Releasing the target from my visionary trap only to become imprisoned... oh crap!                       .
Reaching towards my cell phone, the battery, pulling at it my elbow spills my coffee.

"Undelay undelay"estupido, This man's tryna make me loose my decorum!
I feel a tap on my right shoulder coming from behind, soon embedded in my mind, 
gorgeous smile damn pearly canines.
Hand me napkins for the spill, wiping sweat from my face, fuck the coffee spill.
"Hey let me pay for another, you pick up your paper and your phone is over, there...".

Automatically, I smiled, damn, this man is beauty, intriguing to me, let me see where this could lead.
"Thank you for the coffee, you didn’t have to", "notta problem" he replied, "I really wanted to".
In my mind, I’m thinking now, how good was his decision, this is rare to find someone with pure intentions.

He reaches for his coat from the table behind me, then he winks as I look up from the coffee he bought me.
"I kinda guessed what it was, caramel macchiato, venti? You got me I lied, I read it on the side".
"By the way, the day's.. not even close to being over, think of this moment as chance for you to, do a start over".

Struck in amazement- he had a way with words, everybody falls prey to a good line of verbs.
As he puts on his coat and then starts to leave, a piece of paper falls right out from his pocket sleeve.
"Excuse me sir?" I shout, right before he walks out, then I turn the paper over to reveal what he dropped out.
Scribbled across the paper  I couldn't help but laugh, "Hoe" I'm a hoe too yes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment