Monday, February 14, 2011

Blackened

Inspired and based off 4 Women by Nina Simone

-My skin is rough
-My knees are worn
-My back is tough and
-My legs are strong.
-Strong enough to stand on my own,
-Even when I might be alone.
-What do they call me?
-My name is Grandpa.
-Grandpa

-My skin is tough
-My eyes are wide
-Pressured by two worlds,
-I scream inside.
-My intellect got the best of me this time,
-More baggage and more lies.
-What do they call me?
-My name is Emmanuel
-Emmanuel

-My skin is smooth
-My heart is pierced
-A soul is reborn inside me
-This time with fear
-Whose little boy am I?
-DL men or men who are Bi.
-What do they call me?
-My name is Jay D
-Jay D

-My skin is torn
-My manner is bold
-I’ll waste any nigga that cross me,
-I’m just that cold.
-I trust no one but me,
-Nigga’s always out to get me,
-What do they call me?
-My name is DaeDae

No comments:

Post a Comment